For those still playing Pokmon Go after its colossal summer debut, developer Niantic is rewarding players who regularly check in with a series of Pokmon Go Daily Bonuses, which could be the perfect incentive to go outdoors in these cold winter months.
How to get involved is quite simple – just catch Pokmon and visit PokStops as you would as usual, and as long as you do it every day for an entire week, you’ll get even more rewards too.
Pokmon Go’s Daily Bonus rewards and how they work
For the first Pokmon you catch and the first PokStop you spin each day, you’ll earn some additional XP and Stardust.
It doesn’t matter what Pokmon or PokStop you spin – it can be the same you visit each other day – as you’ll still earn the reward for that day.
If you do this seven days in a row, you’ll then earn a larger bonus – essentially more of what you receive on previous days, as the below table shows.
On top of this, for the 7 day PokeStop streak, your chances of receiving an elusive Special Item – such as King’s Rock, Sun Stone, Up-Grade, Dragon Scale or a Metal Coat – increases.
|Activity||One day reward||7 day reward|
|Catching a Pokmon||500 XP, 600 Stardust||2000 XP, 2400 Stardust|
|Visiting a PokStop||500 XP, Additional items||2000 XP, Even more additional items including a possible Special Item|
Want more help with Pokmon Go? As well as our Pokmon Go tips, tricks and guides page, you can look up the Gen 2 Pokdex on how to catch the most recent creatures, using Special Items such as the Dragon Scale and other methods. The update also introduced changes to Eevee evolutions, Egg hatching distances, best Pokmon, moves and Buddy distances. Elsewhere, you can read about how Gyms, promo codes and the Pokmon Go Plus accessory works, and the many ways of earning experience with our XP chart.
Other things to know about Pokmon Go Daily Bonuses and streaks
- The Daily Bonus you receive is in addition to the rewards you’d get for catching Pokmon or visit a PokStop – so expect to add (at least) 100 XP or 50 XP for catching and PokeStops respectively.
- According to Niantic, Daily Bonus eligibility will reset at 12AM local time, so you won’t have to wait a full 24 hours after you last caught a Pokmon or spun a PokStop to continue the streak.
- Make sure you don’t have a full item bag when spinning your first PokeStop, otherwise you won’t continue the streak (thanks, TheSilphRoad!)
- Also, hatching an Egg will not count as a ‘catch’, so make sure you actually encounter them in the wild to continue the streak. (Also cheers to TheSilphRoad for finding this).
- This new feature feels in-line with Pokmon Go’s Catch Bonus medals update, giving players something a little extra for playing overtime.