The livestream phenomenon PlayerUnknown’s Battlegrounds has taken then video game world by storm, and Bluehole Studio continues to push the envelope with consistent patches and improvements. Thanks to tenacious maintenance from the developers, the Early Access game is receiving regular updates.
This patch features improved server/client performance, and several various bug fixes. In Bluehole Studio’s own words, here is a complete breakdown of the update features:
- Improved physics engine performance on game servers.
- Mitigated an issue with the character stopping moving when a large amount of data is sent
- Improved client performance in the lobby.
- Improved care package airplane rendering performance.
- Modified the “match ends in” timer from 5 minutes to 1 minute.
- Fixed a bug that caused weapon icons at the bottom of the screen to not be shown when switching weapons after opening the inventory.
- Fixed a bug that caused a client crash when changing the character’s looks.
- Fixed a bug that caused Freelook (Alt) not to work while the character is jumping.
The patch will go live on Thursday, June 8 at 3:00 AM CST and is estimated to take one hour to complete. To check out an interview with PlayerUnknown himself, click here. To watch our latest Battlegrounds stream, head here.